INTERNATIONAL POLICE TRAINING CENTER (IPTC)
Turkish National Police (TNP) aims to establish International Police Training Center (IPTC) that professionally provides modern in-service training for national and international police forces. IPTC will also serve as a research and development center to enhance knowledge in policing and security.
Target groups of IPTC are; TNP members, other public officials and members of law enforcement officers from abroad. Thus, Turkey will enhance not only its police forces´ crime fighting capacity, but also contribute to the security of the world by providing professional police training for police forces from other countries.
The construction process of IPTC will begin in 2014 and will be completed in 2016. It is estimated that the cost of IPTC will be 100 Million Euros. Upon completion of the project, IPTC will serve as a focal point to provide police training for national and international police forces.
TRAINING ACADEMIES OF THE IPTC
· Turkish International Academy against Drugs and Organized Crime (TADOC)
· Intelligence Academy
· Peacekeeping Academy
· Counterterrorism Academy
· SWAT Training Academy
· Crime Prevention and Investigation Academy
· Forensic Sciences Academy
· Cybercrime Investigation Academy
· Information and Communications Technologies Academy
· Leadership and Management Academy
· Traffic Management and Safety Academy
· Public Security and Crowd Control Academy
· VIP Protection Academy
· Bomb Disposal and Investigation Academy
· Shooting and Tactical Training Academy
· K9 Training Academy
· Continuous Training Academy
· Distance Training and E-Learning Center
LOCATION OF IPTC
IPTC will be established in two different campuses on 600 acres in the north part of Ankara, close to the Esenboga International Airport. IPTC Main Campus will be established in Pursaklar County and Practical Training Valley will be established in Sirkeli Town of Pursaklar County. The distance between the main campus and the Practical Training Valley is nearly 10 kilometers.
POSSIBLE OUTCOMES OF PROJECT
• TNP will have a police training center that has professional training standards.
• TNP will provide professional in-service training to increase crime fighting capacity and democratic policing awareness of its members.
• IPTC will contribute to the security of the world by providing professional police training for police forces from other countries.
• By establishing IPTC, there will be an opportunity for sharing experiences and best practices in policing with other countries’ police forces.
• IPTC will be a training center for developing global perspective in the field of policing.
TNP will also enhance its training collaboration with international organizations such as UN, INTERPOL, OSCE, and EU to arrange security training programs at IPTC.
• IPTC will be a state of the art training center that serves approximately 3000 people per day.
Turkish National Police, Training Department
International Police Training Center (IPTC) Project Office
Mustafa Kemal Mah. 2143 Sok. No:16 06520 Cankaya /ANKARA
Tel: +90 (312) 4624440
+90 (312) 462 43 10
Fax: +90 (312) 425 43 15